Last updated: September 6, 2021
A. We (WHATSURIDEA) respect the intellectual property rights of others and want to create a platform free from any copyright/intellectual property rights violation. As per our Terms and Condition, Talents Agreement, and other Policy Documents, we have made it clear that any Content posted on our Website by a Talent or Organizer or any other person must be authentic, lawful and should not breach the intellectual property rights of any other person/entity.
B. You are requested to immediately inform us if you come across any infringing content on our Website. We are providing a detailed procedure to file any such complaint in the subsequent paragraphs.
C. Please note that we may disable access to or remove content. However, despite the same, we may make a good faith attempt to forward the Complaint and related evidence and supporting documents to the User (who posted the content).
D. We may take other reasonable steps to notify the User that we have received a complaint about an alleged violation of copyright or other legal violation. Further, in a suitable scenario and at our discretion, we may disable and/or terminate the accounts of Members, or groups as the case may be, who infringe or repeatedly infringe the rights of others or otherwise post unlawful content.
- Procedure to file a complaint:
If you genuinely believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed, you may complete and submit a Copyright Complaint letter duly signed by you (digital signature allowed) at the email firstname.lastname@example.org and it should be accompanied with;
Steps we take once we receive any Complaint:
- The description of your work and why do you think the content on our website has copied the same under Copyright Act, 1957 and Rules?
- Any evidence of point of contact in case of unpublished work.
- The description and details of the Content against which you have filed a complaint.
- Whether you are author or owner of the work.
- You need to give the evidence to substantiate your claim.
- provide us your duly signed undertaking that all the information given by you in the Complaint letter is true and accurate.
- Your Contact details including your mobile number.
- Any judicial or quasi-judicial order in your favor.
This Copyright Policy is subject to change at our absolute discretion. Post any amendment to this Copyright Policy, we shall upload the updated version of the same on our Website from time to time.
- The receipt of the Complaint does not mean that we discontinue and remove the content immediately. However, we remove the content within forty-eight (48) hours in the case of judicial or relevant quasi-judicial order in your favor.
- In other cases, we may make a good faith attempt to forward the written notification, including the complainant’s contact information, to the User who posted the content and/or take other reasonable steps to notify the User that we have received notice of an alleged violation of intellectual property rights or other content violation.
- We shall ask the member to provide us the relevant explanation. In our absolute discretion, we can discontinue or remove the content if we find that the User has failed to give the relevant or the content is identical or verbatim copy of your work.
- We in our absolute discretion terminate the accounts of defaulting User, or groups as the case may be, who infringe or repeatedly infringe the rights of others or otherwise post unlawful content.
- We encourage you to bring to our notice any infringing content. We follow a highly strict protocol regarding the same. Further, we discourage any frivolous complaint without any legal ground.